ROME AND ST. PETER'S BY BIKE
Green-pass required, Culture, Meal included
Leave by bus and continue by bike. It's a more enjoyable way to see Rome and you'll have it all: a local guide, the wonders of the city, St. Peter's and lunch in the Jewish ghetto. Try the delicious Jewish-style artichokes! GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza Navona
- Jewish Ghetto with traditional lunch
- St. Peter's Square and St. Peter's Basilica, external visit
- With our guide on the bus, we'll drive past the Colosseum, a venue for games and gladiator fights in ancient times. It is even said to have been filled with water in 86 AD to stage a naval battle!
- We'll leave the bus here and transfer to bikes: Spanish Steps, Trinità dei Monti, the Trevi Fountain..., be ready to throw a coin into the water and make a wish. Then it's on to the Pantheon, built by the Emperor Hadrian to honor all the gods. Crossing Piazza Navona, we'll leave our bikes and board the bus to head to the Jewish Ghetto for lunch. Here you'll be served traditional dishes like falafel, pasta carbonara, Jewish-style deep fried globe artichokes, the variety with no spines that were served at the end of the traditional feast of Yom Kippur.
- Afternoon in St. Peter's Square. It's a thrilling experience! The two large semi-circles of Bernini's colonnade frame the façade of the Basilica, crowned by its huge dome. We'll visit the outside of the Basilica.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- The transfer to Rome takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.