CASTLES AND TRUFFLES IN BRACCIANO
The Odescalchi castle is one of the most impressive in Europe. You'll discover its rooms, halls, gardens and secret corners. And the tasting menu that awaits you includes another king: the truffle. Did you known that one of the best ways to preserve it is to keep it in raw rice?
- Lake Bracciano
- Odescalchi Castle, internal visit
- Food tasting in a local restaurant with views of Lake Bracciano and Trevignano
- Travel from Civitavecchia to Lake Bracciano, a few kilometers from Rome, where the majestic Odescalchi Castle stands.
- A combination of military and civil architecture, its six centuries of history are retold through the ancient weapons on display, furnishings, books, precious manuscripts, decorations and frescoes.
- With our guide, we'll visit its many halls, including the Sala Papalina, which hosted Pope Sixtus IV when he fled from the plague of Rome; the Sala di Ercole where part of the weaponry collection started by Prince Ladislao Odescalchi in the 19th century is housed, and the secret garden surrounded by the ancient castle walls.
- And when it's time to enjoy some food, everything will taste of truffle: from the cheese to the bread and pasta, not to mention the local must-have: marinated latterini. Need a clue?...They live underwater.
Good to know
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.