BAROQUE RIBEIRA GRANDE AND THE MARVELS OF THE LAKE OF FIRE
In a nutshell This excursion starts off from a true Baroque gem that provides an intriguing step back in time only to continue among the natural marvels of the marvellous volcanic scenery on the island that triggers evocative emotions.
Good to know
- Panoramic coach tour among cultivated fields
- Picturesque town of Ribeira Grande
- Imposing Pico da Barrosa
- Lake of Fire: idyllic scenery
- Ceramic workshop
- Local pineapple plantation
- We set off by coach to discover the north-eastern part of Ponta Delgada among endless cultivated fields providing lovely views.
- We reach the delightful small town of Ribera Grande, the centre of Baroque Art in St. Miguel, famous because it was initially populated by French craftsmen fleeing from religious persecution and who imported the art of flax and silk processing.
- The tour continues along the characteristic mountain roads as far as the top of Mount Pico de Barrosa, where we enjoy breathtaking views over one of the most beautiful lakes on the island, i.e. the Lake of Fire, located in a crater and surrounded by idyllic scenery, crystal-clear waters and a white sandy peninsula.
- We make our way back via Remédios and stop off at a ceramic workshop and a local pineapple plantation.
Good to know
- You must be physically fit.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.