TOUR OF LISBON AND ITS AQUARIUM
An enjoyable excursion that introduces us to the two faces of the city of Lisbon: the historic face of landmarks and monuments, the fruit of a thousand years of history and a glorious past, and the modern, futuristic face of a capital that looks to the future.
What we will see
- Lisbon: panoramic tour
- Baixa district
- Rossio (Dom Pedro IV Square)
- Parque das Nações
What we will do
- We begin with a panoramic coach tour that introduces us to some of the most interesting parts of Lisbon, after which we travel to the Baixa district, which was entirely rebuilt under the supervision of the Marquess of Pombal following the earthquake of 1755.
- Having arrived in the city we stop at the Rossio, the name commonly given to Dom Pedro IV Square, the beating heart of the city from where all the main streets fan out. Here we have some free time to admire the elegant historic buildings that line the square and indulge in some shopping.
- Returning to the coach, we travel along the River Tago until we arrive at the Parque das Nações, the area built to host the Universal Exhibition in 1998. We'll be fascinated by the beauty of the park with its highly modern buildings, masterpieces by some of the greatest names in contemporary architecture.
- At the end of our visit to the park we head for the Oceanarium, home to over 10,000 animal species and more than 350 plant varieties. The visit is fun and fascinating for kids and adults alike, an opportunity to learn more about the various marine ecosystems faithfully reproduced here. The central tank, which presents the various life forms that populate all the oceans of the planet in over 5,000 m3 of water, is truly unmissable.
- At the end of the visit we'll have some free time to explore the park, walk along the banks of the Tago and enjoy some shopping.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.