St. Cruz de Tenerife
VISIT TO THE LAS CAÑADAS DEL TEIDE NATIONAL PARK
Panorama, PasseparTour, Nature, 6
In a nutshell A trip providing a feast for the eyes and reinvigoration for the mind, amongst pines and eucalyptus, mountains and volcanic landscapes with the extraordinary lava formations, all within the magnificent Teide National Park.
Good to know
- La Laguna
- La Esperanza Forest
- Las Cañadas del Teide National Park and Mount Teide
- Ucanca Valley, Mirador de Los Roques de García and Roque Chinchado
- We will depart from Santa Cruz De Tenerife heading towards La Laguna, ancient capital of the island of Tenerife and the first example of a colonial, non-fortified city. Its historic centre, built in 1500, remains perfectly intact; today, La Laguna is considered the cultural and religious capital of Tenerife, thanks to the University and Diocese.
- We will continue our trip to arrive at La Esperanza Forest, where a magnificent pine reserve awaits, inside which we will also discover a eucalyptus plantation. From here, we already get an attractive view of Mount Teide.
- After a short break to take some photos, we will enter the Las Cañadas del Teide National Park, which presently covers an area of 18,990 hectares and includes the volcanic crater from where the majestic Mount Teide emerges, the highest summit in Spain (3,718 metres).
- We will continue our tour heading towards the Ucanca Valley, famous for its lava expanse: we will stop at 'Mirador de Los Roques de García', a stunning panoramic viewpoint famous for its lava formations, which, subsequent to eruptions and stratification, have taken on the most bizarre of shapes. Amongst these, the famous Roque Chinchado, also known as 'Finger of God'.
- Before returning to the ship, we will have some time to take photos.
Good to know
- During this excursion we reach an altitude of 2,300 metres, along a road that is winding in parts, it is therefore recommended to wear appropriate clothing.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.