MALAGA AND ANDALUSIAN TRADITIONS
Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking, 51
We will discover the history, architectural wonders and customs of Andalusia, visiting Malaga's fortress and experiencing one of the region's most famous folklore traditions: flamenco.
- Gibralfaro: fortress tour
- Stunning views over Malaga
- Wine tasting and flamenco show
- From the port of Malaga, we will take the coach to the Gibralfaro, the ancient fortress situated on top of the hill that dominates the city. Built in the 14th century by Yusuf I, Caliph of Granada, on the site of a Phoenician lighthouse, it was the most impregnable fortress on the Iberian peninsula for a long time. From here we can enjoy a breathtaking view of Malaga, its bays and the surrounding areas.
- Then we will head to the centre of Malaga where we will enjoy a pleasant stroll to a typical Andalusian tavern. Here we will sample a glass of fine wine from the region whilst watching a fascinating flamenco show, which will leave us with an unforgettable memory of this city thanks to the sensuality of the dance, the intensity of the song and its unmistakeable rhythm.
Good to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
is limited, so please reserve early.