GRAN CANARIA FROM ALL ANGLES
Panorama, Nature, Meal included
We will set off on the discovery of the multi-faceted nature of Gran Canaria, an island which, owing to the beauty of its landscape and the variety of natural, architectural and cultural riches, attracts tourists looking for a mild climate and a destination which oozes charm.
What we will see
- Teror, Basilica of Nuestra Señora del Pino
- Speciality lunch typical of the Canaries
- Nature Reserve of Dune di Maspalomas
What we will do
- We will depart from the port of Las Palmas heading towards Arucas, a small town with a characteristic historic centre and a beautiful viewpoint, created in the 50s in the area where the ancient crater of Montaña de Arucas was replenished. From here it is possible to enjoy stunning views of the four cardinal points.
- Upon returning to the coach, we will head towards Teror, posed upon a plateau at 575 metres above sea level.
- With our guide, we will discover this small town of great religious interest. Teror is a pilgrimage destination where we will visit the evocative church Basilica of Nuestra Señora del Pino. Tradition has it that in 1481 the Virgin Mary appeared amongst the branches of a nearby pine tree where, many years later, the church was built.
- By coach, we will head towards the island's centre and arrive in Tejeda, a town which owing to the unique landscape characterised by volcanic rocks which haphazardly emerge from the tops of mountains, has been named "petrified storm", a term coined by Miguel de Unamuno, a writer and philosopher from the famous "Generation of '98". Within this area, we will discover two formations symbolic of the Canaries: Roque Bentayga and primarily, Roque Nubo, an enormous monolith over 70 metres tall, an upshot of the millennia volcanic activity which gave rise to the island.
- After a delicious lunch based upon Canarian specialities, we will continue our tour in the direction of the island's southern coast and the Nature Reserve of the Dunes of Maspalomas, whose beach has been deservedly bestowed the title as the most beautiful beach on the island: spanning over 250 hectares, a myriad of sand dunes, perpetually shaped by the wind and the skimming waters of the Atlantic Ocean, providing a show of rare beauty.
What you need to know
- The planned panoramic itinerary includes a number of curves and hairpin bends.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.