LAS PALMAS AND NORTHERN GRAN CANARIA
Gran Canaria does not just offer golden sands and relaxation. Evocative churches, magnificent residential buildings, characteristic roads and stunning views as part of a multi-faceted tour.
What we will see
- Las Palmas, residential district of Tafira
- Bandama Volcano
- Teror, Basilica of Nuestra Señora del Pino
- Arucas, historic centre, Church of San Juan Bautista
What we will do
- Accompanied by a local guide, we will leave the port by coach and head to the residential district of Tafira, an area abundant with magnificent residential buildings, built employing a huge variety of architectural styles and encircled by blooming gardens.
- We will continue on our tour to the striking Bandama Volcano, a panoramic viewpoint, the perfect place to take photos, memories of your fantastic tour.
- We will return to the coach and head off in the direction of Teror, a small town of great religious interest and a pilgrimage destination where we will visit the Basilica of Nuestra Señora del Pino, an evocative church which assumes its name from the fact that, according to tradition, in 1481 the Virgin Mary appeared amongst the branches of a nearby pine tree and many years later, the church appeared.
- We will continue by coach onto the next stop on our tour, the small town of Arucas,where we will have time to take a short break in the characteristic historic centre and admire the Church of San Juan Bautista from the outside.
- The tour will end with a stop at the panoramic viewpoint of Altavistawhere we can enjoy a final, unforgettable glimpse of Las Palmas.
What you need to know
- The planned panoramic itinerary includes a number of curves and hairpin bends.