THE ARCHITECTURAL JEWELS OF MURCIA
Sightseen, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell A day spent exploring the wonders of Murcia, a treasure trove of art, history and culture.
Good to know
- Murcia, old town
- Sierra de Carrascoy hills
- Plaza del Cardenal Belluga
- Calle Trapería
- Plaza de Santo Domingo
- Cathedral of Murcia (external visit)
- We will leave Cartagena by coach to discover the administrative centre of the province: Murcia. Founded by the Moors in the 9th century and conquered by the Christians in the 13th century, this vibrant city will treat us to a wonderful series of architectural gems. During the journey, we will admire the amazing Sierra de Carrascoy hills.
- Once in Murcia, we will leave the coach to explore every corner of the city on foot: from Plaza del Cardenal Belluga to Calle Trapería, the main road with its famous casino dating back to the late 19th century, and down to Plaza de Santo Domingo, the square that is home to the Baroque church of Santo Domingo.
- Before heading back to Cartagena, a stop to the Cathedral of Murcia and its blend of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance elements is a must.
- We observe the cathedral from the outside, letting ourselves be surprised by its majesty: from the elegant stone facade, the monumental face of the city, to the imposing bell tower, which with its 93 meters high and its neoclassical dome, dominates the whole city.
Good to know
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with