CADIZ TO THE RHYTHM OF FLAMENCO
Sightseen, Culture & local gems , From 1 to 3 hours walking, 52
Cádiz is the place where Mediterranean cultures meet and a city filled with historical and architectural wonders, but it is also home to the most Spanish of all dances - the Flamenco.
• Cádiz, Santo Domingo Church, Royal Prison, Roman Theatre
• Caleta, castle walls
• Old city
• Plaza de Mina, Cádiz Museum
• Flamenco performance, tapas tasting session
• We will leave the port in Cádiz to start a panoramic tour of the city. We will admire the wonderful Santo Domingo church, the old Neo-Classical Royal Prison and the Roman Theatre, discovered in 1980 and among the largest on the Iberian peninsula.
• We will then continue our tour by visiting the Caleta, the ancient Phoenician port, passing by the botanical garden and the castle walls,which used to protect the city.
• We will visit Plaza de Mina and admire the Cádiz Museum as well as the sumptuous palaces of Calle Ancha as far as the magnificent Neo-Classical Cathedral with its golden dome that stands out against the blue sky. It was built with gold and silver from the New World and is the perfect testimony to the city's glorious past.
• After a walk among the historic and architectural wonders of Cádiz, we will stop by a typical local tavern where we will see a flamenco performance while tasting exquisite tapas accompanied by a glass of local wine.
Good to know
• The excursion involves walking for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
• We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.