BARCELONA AND MONTSERRAT
Panorama, Culture, Meal included
Avenues, barrios and works by Gaudí: with us you'll see Barcelona from every angle. Don't miss a panoramic view of the Sagrada Família, the wooden sculpture of the famous Black Madonna in the Monastery of Montserrat and a Catalan lunch of rossejat and botifarra.
- Panoramic view of Barcelona by bus: Sagrada Família and Camp Nou Stadium
- Monastery and Basilica of Montserrat
- Traditional lunch in Manresa
- Barrio Gótico and Barcelona Cathedral
- Barcelona is an open air museum, Gaudì's natural habitat. You'll come across one of his works at every turn. Like when you pass by the Sagrada Família, the artist's eternal unfinished work.
- But there is another “temple” you'll also see from your bus. See if you can guess: it can seat 98,772 spectators. It's Camp Nou, the stadium of the legendary Barça team.
- About an hour from Barcelona is Montserrat, where a guided tour will show you around the Monastery and 16th century Basilica. Kept here is a wooden sculpture of the Moreneta, the black Madonna that appeared to two shepherds in 880 AD.
- After so much art, history and culture, you'll need another stop: a culinary one this time. We'll stop off in Manresa for a taste of rossejat, a traditional dish of noodles and prawns, and botifarra, a typical Catalan sausage. Back in Barcelona, we'll visit both the Gothic and the medieval quarter with its Cathedral.
Good to know
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- Montserrat Basilica: closed daily between 10.30 and 12.00
- Montserrat: a transfer services is available for people with disabilities from the bus park to the main entrance of the Basilica.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.