THE ARTISTIC AND RURAL SIDE OF LANZAROTE
Nature, Culture, Tasting
Nature, art, culture and tradition - we will discover the many sides of Lanzarote from the Cesar Manrique Foundation to the Cactus Garden to a plunge into the rural history of the island.
What we will see
- César Manrique Foundation
- Cactus garden
- El Patio Agricultural Museum
What we will do
- The coach will take us to the house-museum dedicated to César Manrique, the leading representative of the artistic history of the island. The artist was strongly committed to defending the local environment and architecture and, in his work, art and nature are mixed into a wonderful combination. His house is the perfect example of his artistic genius - it was built inside five underground volcanic bubbles connected by corridors excavated in lava and was decorated and furnished respecting the surrounding nature.
- We will continue our excursion through the moon-like landscape of the island to reach another spectacular creation of Manrique - the Cactus Garden. This garden is truly unique - it was built inside an amphitheatre and includes over 1,000 species of cactus from all over the world creating a landscaping masterpiece.
- Our excursion will end with a visit to the El Patio Agricultural Museum, where we will plunge into the history and rural culture of the island. Here, we will surely not miss the opportunity to taste some of the delicious local products while sipping a glass of local wine .
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.