A WONDERFUL DAY AT CASSIS
In a nutshell
Good to know
Give in to the old world charm of Cassis, a picturesque fishing village in the Côte d'Azur and enjoy a calm, relaxing day strolling the quaint, narrow streets and swimming at the beach.
- Cassis: the town centre and the beach
- We set off from the port in Marseille accompanied by our guide and, after a panoramic tour of the city's principal landmarks, we make our way to Cassis driving along the seafront. After the coach journey and a short walk we board a tour train, which takes us into the village.
- Cassis is a typical, small fishing village with pastel-coloured houses at the western extremity of the Côte d'Azur. A spectacular, rocky promontory towers behind the village is crowned by a castle, which has now been converted into a luxury hotel, and which lends the village an old world charm. * After a walk around the village together with our guide to get our bearings, we are left on our own to enjoy lunch, go shopping or explore the village at leisure. Those who wish to do so can also spend some time working on their tan, at the beach.
- At the end of our visit, we board the tour train again and head back to the coach, which will take us back to the port in Marseille via the motorway.
Good to know
- The drive to and from Cassis takes about an hour and 15 minutes each way.