Surrender to the charms of Aix-en-Provence, an elegant Provençal city with its own special allure. Savour the experience of exploring together with our guide its narrow streets, squares and historic buildings.
What we will see
- Aix-en-Provence: Cours Mirabeau, Mazarin Quarter , Place des Quatre Dauphins and Saint Sauveur Cathedral
What we will do
- We leave the port and make our way to Aix-en-Provence, a university and spa town and political hub of Provence, about half an hour's drive from Marseille. As soon as we arrive in Aix, we are immediately introduced to its sophisticated atmosphere with a walk around the romantic streets of the city centre, amidst aristocratic residences dating from the 17th and 18th centuries. Our walking tour begins on the Cours Mirabeau, a splendid, tree-lined avenue in the heart of the city that boasts beautiful fountains and numerous outdoor cafés.
- From here we make our way to the Mazarin Quarter, the district designed by the Archbishop Michel Mazarin, brother of the famous Cardinal. Created in 1646, it was built according to a grid plan which was the typical style of urban planning in the 17th-century.
- Staying in this area, we stop to admire the Place des Quatre Dauphins (Square of the Four Dolphins) with its handsome fountain featuring a sculpture with four dolphins, and Saint Sauveur Cathedral, the city's cathedral, with its multiple architectural styles dating from the 5th to the 17th century.
What you need to know
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.