EXOTIC GARDENS AND FACTORY TOUR
A trip upon the discovery of Grenada's most interesting and lush gardens situated around a Great Heritage House and De La Grenade Industries. A leading Food Processing Company in Grenada, which pioneered the use of nutmeg pericarp (fruit) in the manufacturing of high valued delicious products.
- Tower Estate and its gardens
- De La Grenade Industries
- Leave the ship for a narrative drive through the winding streets of the nation’s capital, St. George’s. The transport will take you to the Tower Estate for your garden tour of Grenada’s most interesting and lush garden.
- A guided tour of the garden introduces you to tropical plants, their names and uses. As you walk at your own leisure through the garden it boasts some of the most extensive collection of Heliconia, Bromeliads, and Crotons as well as many other exotic floras. An authentic and educational experience for the family!
- Plants from this garden were featured at the Chelsea Flower Show. The garden was created by Mrs. Victoria Slinger, who dedicated twenty-five years to its creation. Next you will tour the Great House, built in 1913 with many Victorian features.
- Your next stop will be at the De La Grenade Industries.
- De La Grenade Industries founded by Ms Sybil La Grenade who showcased Grenada as a country with tremendous food processing potential through her award-winning products which she began making from the basement of her home in a cottage industry called “de la Grenade home products”. Following the sudden death of Sybil, her daughter Cecile La Grenade the present General Governor and a food technologist (trained in the united states), effected the transition from the cottage to commercial production and expanded the range of products making it one of the leading food processing companies in Grenada. Products such as Morne Delice Nutmeg Jam, Jelly, syrups Seamoss, mauby also liqueur using a 200 years old family secret formula are manufactured here.
- You will be welcomed by well-trained guides that will share with you the allure and mystique of the Industry.