KUSADASI IN COMFORT
Sightseen, Culture & local gems, My Explorations, Less than 1 hour walking, Certified guide
Discover the iconic sights of Kuşadasi comfortably seated on a bus. A guided sightseeing tour will provide a chance to see and photograph the monuments of ancient Ephesus, such as the grand theater, the temple of Artemis, the home of the Virgin Mary, the Basilica of St. John, the Castle of Selçuk and the İsa Bey Mosque. Before heading back to Kuşadasi, be sure to pick up a few items of Turkish handicraft.
- Ephesus: external visit
- House of the Virgin Mary
- Sightseeing tour: İsa Bey Mosque, Basilica of St. John and temple of Artemis
- Stop in a local craft shop
- Your tour begins at the lower gate to the archaeological site of Ephesus, where you'll see the most important monuments from the outside, including the Odeon or small theater.
- The tour continues to the house of Mary, where the mother of Jesus spent her final years: water from the spring in the garden is believed to be miraculous.
- At the upper gate to Ephesus, the guide will point out the grand theater, which in the past seated up to 25,000 people.
- A sightseeing tour from the Basilica of St. John and Castle of Selçuk will take you to the İsa Bey Mosque: built in 1375, it is a perfect example of architecture from the time of the Anatolian principalities. The columns in the courtyard were taken from the temple of Artemis, your next stop.
- Did you know that this place of worship dedicated to the daughter of Zeus and twin sister of Apollo, the goddess of fertility and nature, was one of the seven wonders of the Ancient World??
- Pop into a craft shop selling excellent examples of local artefacts. Back in Kuşadasi, you can stop off for a stroll around the lively bazaars or return to the ship.