ANCIENT HISTORY AND HANDICRAFT IN KUSADASI
Sightseen, Culture & local gems, My Explorations, Less than 1 hour walking, Certified guide
A sightseeing tour will take you to see the ruins of Ephesus, the statue of Mary, the İsa Bey Mosque and the Temple of Artemis: your camera will eventually need a break. After a typical Turkish lunch in a luxury hotel, you'll discover first hand how pottery and traditional carpets are made. Take home some local specialties and you'll still have time for a stroll around Kuşadasi.
- Ephesus: external visit
- Photo stops: statue of the Virgin Mary, temple of Artemis, İsa Bey Mosque
- Typical Turkish buffet-style lunch in a luxury hotel
- Visit to a pottery workshop with demonstration and exhibition of artefacts
- Handmade carpets: weaving demonstration and refreshment
- Visit to store selling locally produced. organic specialties.
- Free time in Kuşadasi
- In the ancient world, Ephesus was one of the busiest ports in the Mediterranean, now it is one of the biggest archaeological sites in Europe: you can admire it from the outside in the company of a guide, take photos of the Odeon or the grand theater and take home a few souvenirs.
- You'll continue to the statue of the Virgin Mary, not far from the house where she spent her final years.
- Also worth a stop are the İsa Bey Mosque, the Basilica of St. John, built by Justinian on the tomb of the Evangelist, and the remains of the Temple of Artemis: the second wonder of the Ancient World.
- Do you know what ezogelin, börek or sutlac are? Find out during a typical 5-star lunch we've prepared for you in a luxury hotel.
- Now you'll be ready to delve into the local crafts scene. Visit a workshop to see how pottery is made and a craft village to discover the art of carpet weaving: enjoy a refreshment with local drinks and cakes and watch carefully to see how a double knot is tied, because you'll be doing it too.
- Finally, explore a shop of local Turkish specialties, selling zero mile organic products. On your return, you'll still have time for a stroll around downtown Kuşadasi.
- By the end of the day, you'll be real experts in the local culture and handicrafts.
Good to know
- Menus may vary according to the season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- The order of the visits may change.