A TURKISH-STYLE TOAST AMONG THE VINES
What are Turkish wines like? Find out on the Urla wine trail, guided by a wine expert. You'll see how the grapes are grown and processed, and learn about the local varieties with some delicious tastings accompanied by local cheeses. Once the tour is over you can show off all your knowledge at the first available opportunity.
- Guided tour of a winery in Urla.
- Wine tasting accompanied by local cheeses
- Did you know that Turkey is the fourth largest grape producer in the world? It also boasts a very ancient wine tradition and many varieties of native vines: this excursion is an opportunity to find out more.
- Surrounded by olive groves, with the sea in the background, follow the Urla wine trail, its rows of vines are planted in the direction of the winds that blow from the Aegean, eliminating excess moisture and protecting the vines from mold.
- You'll find out all there is to know about local vines such as Bornova misketi, which produces sweet white wines with a citrus note, or Foça karesi, which has been grown here for at least 2,600 years.
- You'll visit a local winery with a wine expert who will guide you through the whole process: from the cultivation of the grapes to their fermentation in oak barrels.
- But theory is worth nothing without practice. At the end of the tour you'll have an opportunity to taste one rosé, one white and two red wines, accompanied by Kashar cheese, a typical pecorino-style cheese from Anatolia: you'll be able to appreciate them like a true connoisseur.
Good to know
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- The wines on offer may vary depending on the season.