FROM THE CASTLE TO THE BAYS: SURPRISING BODRUM
Culture & local gems, From 1 to 3 hours walking, Certified guide
From the ruins of ancient Halicarnassus to the wonderful coastlines that surround it. After visiting the castle of St. Peter, with the hall of the Carian princess and the museum of underwater archaeology, hop aboard to discover the Turkish coast. Enjoy the gentle rocking of the waves in Aquarium Bay and take a dip in the waters of Bitez Bay: we'll take care of lunch on board the boat.
- Castle of St. Peter, hall of the Carian princess, museum of underwater archaeology
- Boat trip from the Castle
- Aquarium Bay and Bitez Bay
- Lunch on board the boat
- The day starts at the castle of St. Peter, built in the 15th century with marble and stone from the monumental tomb of the Satrap Mausolus, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
- Discover the hall of the Carian princess, which houses the funeral chamber of a woman who in all probability, according to legend, was Queen Ada, sister of Mausolus.
- The castle is also home to the biggest museum of underwater archaeology in Turkey. One of the few of its kind in the world. Here you'll discover a vast collection of artifacts, including amphorae that were once submerged and even the wreck of a late Roman ship.
- After enjoying a taste of art and history, a boat will be waiting for you at the harbor to take you to discover the natural beauty of Bodrum.
- In the turquoise waters that surround the peninsula, you'll explore hidden coves, deserted bays and others dotted with tiny villages. The best of all? Aquarium Bay, which can only be reached by boat and is famous for its gently rippling water that whispers: “relax…”.
- Take its suggestion and enjoy the onboard lunch that we've prepared: chicken meatballs, fries and a seasonal salad are just the thing.
- Step off the boat at Bitez Bay beach and enjoy a refreshing swim in the shallow waters, or take the opportunity to work on your tan at leisure.
Good to know
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks are available to buy on board.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.