TURKEY FOR FOODIES
Discovery & taste, Culture & local gems, From 1 to 3 hours walking
Are you curious, a gourmet and do you love putting yourself to the test? Then this is the experience for you. A chef will guide you from buying ingredients in the local market to preparing traditional Turkish dishes: you'll want to share every step with your friends and followers. End the day on a high with lunch in a restaurant accompanied by a lovely glass of wine.
- Güvercinlik farmer's market
- Cookery lesson in Dört Tepe
- Traditional lunch
- Your adventure begins in Güvercinlik market, where a local chef will guide you to choosing the ingredients you'll use in your cookery lesson.
- Enjoy the hustle and bustle, mixing with the locals and finding inspiration in the colors and smells, surrounded by mountains of olives and pyramids of spices, homemade jellies, and the freshest fruit and vegetables.
- Have you got everything you need? Let's set off for Dört Tepe, an inland village with traditional stone houses that were built centuries ago: you will be a guest in one of these and your host will teach you the art and style of Turkish cuisine.
- At the restaurant you'll find a traditional lunch awaiting you that includes the dishes you have cooked and a glass of excellent Turkish wine to raise a toast to all the tasty discoveries of the day.
Good to know
- The products available in the market will vary according to availability and the day of the week.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.