TIMELESS CAPPADOCIA: FROM EPHESUS TO MARY'S HOUSE
The longest tour, Culture & local gems, More than 3 hours walking, Certified guide, 2
Visit an ancient land with all the time in the world: you have three days and two nights to get in touch with Cappadocia. From the Fairy Chimneys to the House of the Virgin Mary, the traditions of Avanos to the ancient city of Ephesus: a journey with a unique flavor, typical lunches included.
- Kayseri: overnight stay in a hotel dug out of the rock
- Cappadocia: Dervent Valley, Pasabagi, Avanos, city of Kaymakli, Göreme Museum, Uchisar Citadel, Guvercinlik Valley.
- House of the Virgin Mary
- Ephesus: Odeon, Fountain of Trajan, Scholastica Baths, Temple of Hadrian, Celsus Library, Grand Theater, Basilica of Saint John.
- Experience a journey within a journey: three days and two nights between Cappadocia and Ephesus.
- The flight to Kayseri is memorable in itself: the colors of Anatolia are not something you see every day. Nor is a hotel dug out of the rock: in yours you'll find a luxury room and a lunch of 'Iskender kebap”.
- The second day is devoted to Cappadocia, known in Turkish as Kapadokya, meaning 'land of beautiful horses”. Imagine galloping among the Fairy Chimneys and Pasabags of the Dervent Valley. A UNESCO Heritage landscape.
- In Avanos, you'll discover traditional handicrafts and the “testi kebab”, cooked in a terracotta pot that is opened before your eyes. You'll need lots of energy to visit the underground city of Kaymakli, the open air Göreme Museum, the Uchisar Citadel and the Guvercinlik Valley.
- On the third day, fly to Kuşadası to visit the House of the Virgin Mary and ancient Ephesus, full of priceless finds including the Celsus Library, the Grand Theater of St. Paul and the Basilica of St. John.
- Hungry? Join us for a typical lunch with 4 different “meze”, the Turkish hors d'oeuvres, and a lot more.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- The visa required to enter Turkey is not included but you can easily apply for it at the port of arrival (the cost varies between 20 USD and 70 USD) and check it with the excursions office.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- The hotel offers many services not included in the package, which you will be free to purchase. If you want to enter the mosques, remember that you must cover your shoulders and your legs down to your knees, and remove your shoes.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.