TWO DAYS IN LISBON TO THE SOUND OF FADO
Explore, taste and feel the rhythm of Lisbon but don't stop there: you have an extra day to visit the Portuguese riviera. Tour the landmarks of the city: from São Jorge Castle to the Cathedral, from Belém Tower to the Glória funicular. Discover the coast of Cascais and Estoril, spending two days as a real 'Lisboeta': dinner, lunch and fado show included.
- Alfama District: São Jorge Castle (external visit), Lisbon Cathedral, Portas do Sol (photo stop)
- Bus tour: Praça do Comércio, Praça do Rossio, Praça dos Restauradores
- Funicular ride on the Glória Elevator
- São Pedro de Alcântara (photo stop)
- Bairro Alto: traditional dinner and Fado show
- Queluz National Palace
- Sintra: guided tour and a typically local lunch
- Cascais: walk around the harbor
- Belém district: Jerónimos Monastery, Belém Tower (photo stop)
- Two days in among the treasures of Lisbon and its coast, a typically local dinner and lunch, a fado show: these are the ingredients of a Portuguese-flavored tour to remember.
- The excursion starts in the Alfama district, the site of São Jorge Castle, the city's emblem. Visit Lisbon Cathedral then take in the views from the Portas do Sol belvedere to capture the city center and the Tagus from above.
- Hop on the Glória Elevator, one of the city's four funiculars, stop off at the São Pedro de Alcântara Belvedere, then enjoy a true Lisbon evening with a typical Portuguese dinner and a fado show.
- The next day, visit Queluz Palace before setting off by bus to visit the town of Sintra, described by the poet Byron as a 'glorious Eden”. Enjoy a guided tour of the town and sample some local flavors.
- The next stop is Cascais: stroll around the docks of this fishing village before taking the coast road again to Estoril and the mouth of the Tagus.
- Back in Lisbon, visit the district of Belém, with its Manueline style marble architecture, the Jerónimos Monastery and the Belém Tower. Now do you see why it's known as the 'white city'?
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.