MARSEILLES IN A CLICK
Do you love photography? Share your unique take on Marseilles by snapping photos of all the most interesting sights in the city: the Old Port with Notre Dame de la Garde, the “Le Panier” district, the Majeure Cathedral and… a few surprise special effects. Post your best pictures on social media and don't forget to add the hashtag #costagrammer and tag @costacruisesofficial.
- Old Port: Ombrière
- Notre Dame de la Garde: view of the Old Port
- 'Le Panier' district Sainte-Marie-Majeure Cathedral: external visit *MuCEM (external visit), Saint-Jean Fort
- Marseilles is one of the most Instagrammable destinations in the Mediterranean, particularly as it is notoriously a #nofilter city.
- Start your photo report with a roundup of pictures of the Old Port, with the St-Jean and Saint-Nicolas forts as striking backdrops. At the Norman Foster Ombrière you can switch off the special effects: the huge metal canopy alone will turn your reflection upside down.
- Take a quick snap as you pass by the Hotel Intercontinental and then it's into the multicultural, multicolored and multi-inspirational district of Le Panier. The Place des Treize Cantons was once the site of the hotel where Casanova stayed, so a photo here is essential, with the #hot hashtag of course.
- If you love street photography, don't miss views like the bowling green in front of the Majeure Cathedral, while the port area between MuCEM and the Saint-Jean Fort is ideal for architectural photography.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.