FOOD TASTING IN CAGLIARI (pm departure)
A walking tour through the history of Cagliari with an expert guide. From Phoenician origins to Roman remains, following in the footsteps of the various foreign powers that have made the medieval citadel of Castello unique. And to end the day, some local food tasting.
- Medieval center of Cagliari, Phoenician and Roman remains
- Castello district
- Royal Palace and Cathedral of Santa Maria
- Medieval towers and bastions with aperitif
- Wear comfortable shoes to discover Cagliari's wonderful historic alleys which are accessible only on foot, with a local guide** who has an anecdote for every corner of the city.
- Here are the first: the regional capital of Sardinia is built on 7 hills and has very ancient origins. Known by the Nuragic civilization as early as 3000 BC, it was rediscovered by the Phoenicians and chosen as a strategic port with the name of Karalis.
- The historical finds are from Roman times, when the city became the capital of the island, and traces of the various foreign rulers are still visible. The Castello district, a medieval citadel, is a concentration of styles and cultures.
- The Royal Palace of 1300 has been a center of Aragonese, Spanish and Savoyard power; the Cathedral of Santa Maria is an example of the Genoese baroque style; the Towers are from the Pisan period; the bastions are from the 19th century.
- Complete your exploration of the local culture with some “casu” and “saltìzza” cheese and sausage, carasau bread and wine: the real Sardinians' aperitif.
Good to know
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- The excursion may take place in the morning or afternoon.