JOURNEY TO THE HEART OF VENETIAN TRADITION
A whole day to discover three delights of the Venetian countryside. Bassano del Grappa, from the medieval old town to the traditional “graspa” that you will try. Asolo, “the city of a hundred horizons”, the only fixed point in the life of adventurer Freya Stark. And Maser, where the Palladian Villa Barbaro awaits. Homemade lunch is included.
- Bassano del Grappa with Grappa Museum
- Asolo, the city of a hundred horizons
- Lunch in Maser
- Villa Barbaro, designed by Andrea Palladio
- After crossing the Brenta river via the Ponte Vecchio designed by Andrea Palladio you'll come to Bassano del Grappa, a medieval town surrounded by hills. Here you'll be able to visit the town, taste the local “graspa” and find out about its history in the Grappa Museum.
- For the poet Giosuè Carducci, Asolo was “the city of a hundred horizons”. The writer and explorer Freya Stark lived here when she wasn't on one of her adventurous expeditions: the little town, which is listed as one of the most beautiful in Italy, became her 'place of sanctuary'.
- The Venetian countryside is also synonymous with good food: in Maser, after a welcome drink, you'll enjoy a lunch of homemade dishes. If you want an idea of the menu, picture dishes with lasagna, cold cuts and cheese on your table. There is also dessert, accompanied by local wine.
- Daniele Barbaro, a cultured humanist, won't have thought twice about entrusting the design for his country villa to his great friend Andrea Palladio. Not only because there was a close bond between them, but also because Palladio was a kind of rock star of Renaissance architecture. Add in the internal frescoes by Paolo Veronese and we have Villa Barbaro**, well worth a visit.
Good to know
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.