IN SORRENTO, AT THE HOME OF CARUSO
Green-pass required, Meal included
Sorrento: why just visit it when you can live it like a local! Stroll through the center, among shops, stores and alleys. Your host for lunch will be the friendly Alessandra, who will be ready to offer you rustic pizza and her homemade limoncello. And what a home! Caruso himself lived here. GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- Piazza Tasso
- Church of San Francesco and cloister
- Typical lunch in a local home in the old town
- It is said that the mermaids who tempted Ulysses with their song lived in this very sea. Give in to temptation too and walk from Piazza Tasso to the Cathedral built between the 10th and 11th centuries. Keep your phone handy because wherever you look there's a photo opportunity.
- For lunch, skip the restaurants and trattorias: you're invited by Alessandra to her magnificent house built in 1746. Magnificent but also famous, as it was the last home of Enrico Caruso, the world-famous Neapolitan tenor. The kitchen still has the original floor laid with hand-painted Vietri majolica tiles and the walls are made with tuff from the Sorrento coastline.
- Alessandra will win you over with her friendliness and her eggplant parmigiana, rustic pizzas and traditional moka coffee. One last shot of limoncello? It's made by her, of course.
Good to know
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.