SEASIDE HOUSES AND CANNELLONI WITH RICOTTA
Panorama, Culture, Meal included
Legend has it that this area of the sea is where the mermaids bewitched Ulysses! It's easy to fall under a spell here, which is why Amalfi and Sorrento deserve the longest ever excursion. We'll take you there so that you can discover, experience and get a “taste” of them: cannelloni with ricotta and spinach were invented here. You guessed it!
- Sorrento with typical lunch
- Sightseeing tour of the Amalfi Coast
- Amalfi with visit to the Cathedral and Paradise Cloister
- Stroll around Sorrento with our guide, among the local craft shops and boutiques. Discover the monumental 14th century Sedil Dominova building, where Sorrento's nobility met to decide, and often argue about, the fate of the city.
- Sumptuous lunch break with ricotta and spinach cannelloni. Remember that you're in the land where they were invented. Although this invention is contested: was it actually here or in Amalfi? The dispute has been going on since 1924.
- Back to Amalfi with its unmistakable cluster of white houses perched on the hillside, the Paradise Cloister, an architectural masterpiece of intertwined arches on 120 marble columns, and its Cathedral. Every year fishermen run up the sixty-two steps to the entrance of the church carrying the statue of St. Andrew on their shoulders, which incidentally weighs 380 kg!
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.