THE HEART OF CRETE, WHERE TRADITION IS THE PROTAGONIST
A journey through the heart of Crete to surround ourselves with centuries old traditions and marvel in front of the evocative scenery. Discover the village of Peza, which has been producing wine ever since Minoan times (over four thousand years ago!) and which currently produces 70% of all the wine consumed on the island. Take a selfie or two in front of Mount Juktas or among the findings of the enchanting Vathypetro archaeological site. Stroll along the stone alleyways (which have just been restored!) of the picturesque village of Archanes and enjoy a landscape made up of colourful flowers, fruit trees and amazing balconies - the ideal place to get carried away by the scents, sounds and views typical of Crete. Last but not least, Heraklion: the history of the island capital will unfold through its monuments and imposing masterpieces such as the Morosini fountain, the loggia and the fortress bear witness to the prolonged Venetian domination.
What we will see
- Villages famous for their wine production
- Village of Archanes
- City of Heraklion
What we will do
- The tour starts with a panoramic tour to the heart of Crete through villages famous for their wine production.
- We reach the village of Archanes, where we enjoy the scents, sounds and scenery typical of Crete.
- We leave Archanes behind us and head on to Heraklion, the island capital. The city speaks to us through its monuments and tells us the story of its prolonged Venetian domination.
What you need to know
- In order to safeguard the health of our guests and in compliance with safety regulations, the itinerary and length of the excursions may be subject to slight modifications.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.