A POSTCARD FROM GENOA
Genoa, defined as 'La Superba', a city of sailors and great historic buildings, homes of traders and explorers, authentic fishing villages. A tour designed for those who want to get to know the city, while sitting comfortably on a touring coach to enjoy the beauty of the place with an expert guide.
What we will see
- The port and the Lanterna
- Spianata Castelletto (photo stop)
- Neighborhood Castelletto and Albaro
- Neighborhood of Boccadasse (stop)
- Historic center: Piazza De Ferrari, Palazzo Ducale, San Lorenzo Cathedral, House of Christopher Columbus
What we will do
- In the comfort of the coach, we reach Genoa and we set off on a delightful sightseeing tour of Genoa a maritime city with a glorious history that offers a fascinating townscape combing noble residences and the humble dwellings of the common citizens.
- Skirting the old and new ports, we come to the Spianata Castelletto, a splendid terrace suspended like a balcony above the old town centre. Here, we make a stop to take photos of the sweep of old, slate-tiled roofs, medieval towers and baroque domes.
- Back on board the coach, we cut through the historic patrician quarter of Castelletto, with its characteristically nineteenth-century townscape of separate, stately palazzi looking out on to tree-lined streets.
- We move to Boccadasse, an ancient fishing village overlooking an enchanting and tiny bay, where time seems to have stopped.
- We leave the bus and we enjoy a pleasant walk in the village, between the narrow and steep lanes called 'creuze' and the picturesque colored houses that are reflected on the water of the marina, crowned by boats and fishing boats.
- We finally close the excursion with a last panoramic tour of Genoa, which takes us through the residential neighborhood of Albaro with its villas and the Foce district, once a small fishing village, near the shipyards, which then became an elegant area residential.
- Once in the center, we leave the bus to discover the heart of Genoa on our own
- We admire from the outside the home of Christopher Columbus, located just outside the ancient medieval walls, and the Palazzo Ducale, one of the symbolic places of the city, for centuries the residence of the Doge and today the beating heart of Genoa's cultural life.
What you need to know
- To descend into the village of Boccadasse walk along a typical creuza, paved with steps.
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.