WITH THE LOCALS ON A FARM IN MGARR
Nature, Culture, 2
Do you want to experience the Maltese countryside like a true local? We'll take you to a farmhouse in the rural area of Mġarr, where you'll help farmers harvest crops and learn all about Malta's raw materials, including wine. You'll taste some ftira, a local bread protected by UNESCO.
- Farm in Mġarr, an ancient rural community
- Homemade lunch at the farmhouse
- In Mġarr, an ancient farming community surrounded by fields and vineyards, you'll meet the families who manage a farm with holiday accommodation. Here you'll learn all about Maltese crop production processes.
- You'll see for yourself where the raw materials used in Maltese cooking come from and experience life in the fields or greenhouses like a real Maltese farmer, helping to harvest vegetables.
- From production to distribution: you'll travel by bus to the center of the country with a visit to the wineries. You'll see how the products are packaged and then visit the farm shop, where you can also buy the farm's local produce.
- The preparation of the ftira is so typical and ancient that it is included in the UNESCO list of intangible cultural heritage. One bite of this sandwich equates to centuries of Maltese history. And it's just one of the organic rural delicacies you'll try for lunch.
Good to know
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.