BEQUIA ON YOUR OWN
Sightseen, Designed for families, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
In a nutshell Enjoy a day exploring the beautiful Grenadine Island of Bequia. Here you can indulge in beautiful white sand beaches, typical shops, restaurants and the warm culture of the local people.
Good to know
- Ferry transfer to Bequia
- Free time exploring the island
- Let us take you on a one-hour ferry ride to Bequia where you can explore the island. Bequia, the name derived from a Carib Indian word meaning 'Islands in the cloud'. Bequia is home to just under 5000 people. The inhabitants some of whom are descendants of 19th-century Scottish sailors are friendly, easygoing and always happy to strike up a conversion with broad smiles on their faces. The island is well known for its sea faring traditions such as boat building, fishing and whaling. The main harbour Admiralty bay is one of the most popular cruising yachtsmen’s hangouts in the region. The picturesque capital of Port Elizabeth has a sleepy, old world ambiance and you can walk from one end to the other in 20 minutes.
- There are a number of handicraft vendors and quaint little boutiques for you to shop. Along the waterfront, you can find a numbers of places to eat, drink and party-all within a few minutes' of each other. The boardwalk along the waterfront can walk you all the way from Port Elizabeth to Princess Margaret Beach and over the hill to Lower Bay Beach. There is a snorkelling platform at the base of the trail so take advantage of the excellent snorkelling to be enjoyed along the cliff and around the headland. Princess Margaret is a glorious stretch of beach with blue sparking waters. Walk along the beach to the other end and take a 10 minute hike on a footpath to another beach call Lower Bay.
- Lower bay beach is well known as one of Bequia’s best beach. A long stretch of pure white sand with crystal clear water, excellent for swimming, snorkelling and sun bathing with lots of rustic restaurants along the beach. After a wonderful day in Bequia make your way back to the ferry port to be transported to your ship in St. Vincent.
Good to know
- This excursion does not include the services of a guide. This excursion is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness. The ferry takes about 1 hour to reach Bequia.