BERGEN BY BIKE
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell A cycling tour of Bergen, the capital of the fjords and the second largest city in Norway, with its beautiful pastel-coloured houses and immaculate centre, medieval influences and modern buildings near the port. Discovering Bergen on two wheels is a romantic and fun experience unlike other tours.
Good to know
- Cycling tour of Bergen
- Medieval cathedral and Grieghallen, a futuristic concert hall
- Colourful Bryggen port, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Lively fish market
- Peaceful Nordnes peninsula
- Intriguing architecture in Marken
- We leave the ship behind us for a pleasant bike tour to discover the most evocative corners of the charming city of Bergen, the second largest in Norway yet characterised by a provincial atmosphere full of charm and character.
- We set off and follow our guide around the streets of this coastal city flanked by lovely pastel-coloured houses as far as some of the main sights such as the Medieval cathedral and the futuristic Grieghallen, a concert hall that can seat over 1600 people.
- We thus reach the picturesque port with its row of ancient wooden buildings of different colours. * Bryggen wharf was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is a testimony to the time when Bergen was at the centre of the trading routes between Norway and the rest of Europe.
- A stone’s throw away we find the lively fish market, which has been supplying the locals since 1276. It is now one of the most visited open-air markets in Norway and also sells fresh fruit and vegetables in addition to handicrafts and souvenirs.
- We then cross the peaceful Nordnes peninsula, with its picturesque white wooden houses, and admire the intriguing architecture of the Marken area. At each stop to take photos, the guide illustrates anecdotes on the history of this city nestled between fjords and the mountains.
- We then make our way back to the ship after returning our bikes.
Good to know
- You must be physically fit to take part in this excursion and have experience riding bikes.
- A helmet will be supplied and must be worn.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to take part in this excursion.
- Minimum age: 12 years old.