HELSINGØR AND HAMLET’S CASTLE
In a nutshell A journey back in time in the charming city of Helsingør where history and fantasy combine. We stroll among its picturesque sights, monumental buildings and amazing Gothic churches before reaching Kronborg Castle, the setting of one of the most famous Shakespearian tragedies - Hamlet.
Good to know
- Walking tour of Helsingør
- Kronborg Castle
- In Copenhagen, we board a coach taking us to Helsingør along the evocative Danish Riviera: a panoramic tour offering breathtaking views of the coast.
- We stroll through the
cobbled alleyways of its city centre, pass by its Medieval buildings and
characteristic timber houses and admire its main monuments. From the Carmelite Priory to the magnificent Church
of St. Mary and the imposing St. Olaf's Church.
Before moving on, we have some time available to purchase a few souvenirs or relax in one of the typical local cafés.
- We set off towards Kronborg Castle, an imposing fortress surrounded by the waters of the Öresund strait. It is one of the most important Renaissance castles in Northern Europe and was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was also the setting for one of Shakespeare’s greatest masterpieces, the famous tragedy of Hamlet. We admire the royal apartments with their fine paintings and marvellous decorations, the majestic ballroom which is the largest in northern Europe, and a small chapel. After taking in the magical atmosphere of this picturesque venue, we return to the coach and our ship.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early as only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark in Copenhagen.