OPENAGHEN, THE VIKINGS AND ROSKILDE CATHEDRAL
In a nutshell We drive by the most symbolic places and monuments in Copenhagen, a charming picturesque city steeped in history and elegance. We reach Medieval Roskilde, the city of the northern warriors, and go on a journey back in time among its historical gems ranging from a charming Viking museum to a majestic Gothic cathedral.
Good to know
- Sightseeing tour of Copenhagen
- Little Mermaid Statue
- Viking Ship Museum
- Roskilde cathedral
- We get on a coach and set off on a thrilling sightseeing tour of the gems of city of Copenhagen.
- We drive by the Town Hall and the lovely Tivoli Gardens, a famous amusement park surrounded by nature. We reach the ancient Stock Exchange and observe its characteristic spire formed by intertwined dragon tails. We admire the unique coloured houses along the old port of Nyhavn and take marvellous photographs in front of the majestic Amalienborg Palace, the official residence of the Danish Royal Family.
- We move on to the port of Copenhagen to admire the symbol of the city, a lovely bronze statue nestled on a rock: the Little Mermaid Statue, the protagonist of one of Hans Christian Andersen’s most famous fairy tales. Here, we have some free time available to take some beautiful photos and immerse ourselves in the atmosphere of the Danish capital.
- Our tour continues with the historic city of Roskilde to admire two of its great sights.
- The first stop is the Viking Ship Museum, where we go on a journey into the history of northern warriors among their extraordinary ships. We marvel at five fascinating types of ship, from trading ships to war ships, sunk off Skuldelev in 1070 and brought back to light in 1962. In the museum, we have the opportunity of admiring other marvellous ships, which are perfect reconstructions of Viking ships. We continue with the majestic Roskilde Cathedral, the main burial site for Danish monarchs. It was the first Gothic church to be made of bricks, a style that was promoted all over northern Europe. We remain speechless in front of this magnificent cathedral, a true architectural marvel declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early as only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark in Copenhagen.