MONACO: CASINO, FORMULA 1 AND ROYALTY
Culture, Packed lunch
The Principality of Monaco is one of the smallest independent states in the world but, despite its size, it offers an incredible variety of attractions, all waiting to be discovered: from the old town to the Casino and Formula 1 circuit.
- Monaco Ville: Royal Palace Square, Cathedral
- Montecarlo: Casino, boutiques, free time
- Traveling by bus from Savona you'll reach the Principality of Monaco, one of the smallest independent states in the world whose origins and history are inextricably linked to the Grimaldi family, the ruling dynasty for over 700 years.
- Your visit will begin in Monaco-Ville, the old town, which stands on a fortified rock in a very picturesque position overlooking the sea. Here you'll have the opportunity to admire the Royal Palace Square and, depending on your arrival time, you can also watch the changing of the guard.
- The next stop is the small Cathedral where the remains of Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly are buried.
- In the late morning you'll proceed to Montecarlo, the most famous area of the Principality, with its casino, luxury hotels, social life and streets where the annual Formula 1 Grand Prix takes place. You can spend your free time wandering the streets or doing some exclusive shopping in the boutiques of the most successful brands in the world.
Good to know
The bus journey from the port to Monaco takes approximately 2 hours. * When there are religious festivals, the visit to the cathedral will be limited to the outside. * Documents required: for European guests: Costa Card and ID Card or Passport; for non-Europeans: Costa Card and Passport.