FROM MOLDE TO ÅNDALSNES
Sightseen, Less than 1 hour walking, 50
In a nutshell
Good to know
A wonderful way to discover Molde, with its beautiful roses, the pristine natural beauty of the Romsdalsfjord and the Trollstigen, a winding mountain road with breathtaking views.
- Valldal Valley
- Troll Wall
- Our first activity as soon as we arrive at the port is a brief panoramic tour of Molde, administrative centre of the County of Romsdal. The city is located on the shores of the Romsdal fjord, surrounded by hills that provide a backdrop of 222 peaks that are covered in snow almost all the year round. Molde is also known as the City of Roses, thanks to the fragrant rose nurseries that benefit from the mild climate and fertile soil of the sun-drenched slopes surrounding the city.
- We take a ferry across the majestic Romsdalsfjord in the direction of the town of Vestnes, in the embrace of wild nature.
- Following the path of the fjords, we reach the fertile Valldal Valley, famous for growing strawberries, thanks to a protected position that is particularly favourable for their cultivation.
- We continue on our way, with a brief stop at Gudbrandsjuvet, one of the area's best known scenic viewpoints, where we can immortalise the spectacular panorama that opens up before us with a photo or two.
- Next, we tackle the hairpin bends of the Trollstigen, an engineering marvel that was built before the Second World War that winds its way across the mountain face, waterfalls and granite rocks. It is an impressive and evocative landscape that changes from snow-capped peaks at the start of the route to the green valleys that surround Åndalsnes, a town that owes much of its appeal precisely to the scenery that surrounds it.
- Our excursion ends with the Troll Wall, a magnet for climbers from all over the world who come to test their skills against the tallest vertical rock face in Europe.
Good to know
- This excursion includes a self-service buffet lunch.
- This tour involves long stretches of coach travel.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.