A TREK TO DISCOVER THE BRIKSDAL GLACIER
Panorama, Nature, Packed lunch
The Norwegian fjords are truly irresistible for all those who dream of coming into contact with the power of nature, especially when a masterpiece such as the Briksdal glacier lies right behind them. Among panoramic viewpoints, blue lakes and breathtaking landscapes, this trek leaves guests truly stunned in front of the marvels of a National Park of undeniable charm.
What we will see
- Lush valleys and scenic coasts
- Nos viewpoint
- Olden village and blue-water lake
- Briksdal glacier
- Briksdal Fjellstove refuge *Hornindal lake
What we will do
- We set off from the port of Nordfjordeid for a scenic coach transfer.
- We reach the *Nos viewpoint on a steep cliff 500 metres above sea level from where we can enjoy breathtaking views of the fjord below.
- After a brief stop for photos, we venture into the majestic panorama of mountains and fjords.
- We pass by the village of Olden to reach the blue waters of the lake having the same name.
- We take advantage of the unique views to snap a few photos and etch this moment forever in our memories.
- Once at the Briksdal Fjellstove refuge, we get off the coach and continue on foot.
- A picturesque 3 km walk through the lush Briksdal valley takes us to the impressive Briksdal glacier, located in the Jostedalsbreen National Park which attracts approximately 300,000 visitors from all over the world every year.
- After returning to Briksdal Fjellstove, we enjoy a well-deserved break with a slice of cake and a cup of steaming coffee to better appreciate the beauty of this Nordic scenery.
- Now on full stomachs, we can exploit the opportunity to purchase a few souvenirs.
- On the way back, we admire the Hornindal lake and its marvels from the coach.
What you need to know
- Guests must be able to walk for approximately 6 km on a variety of terrain.
- Respect the surrounding environment and refrain from throwing litter or water bottles on the ground.
- It is forbidden to stray from designated routes.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems. For those who can't cover long walking distances and prefer a less demanding version, we suggest our 037E THE BRIKSDAL GLACIER BY TROLL CAR.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for the weather.
- There is limited availability of English-speaking guides.