Praia da Vitoria
DISCOVER THE ARCHITECTURAL GEMS AND NATURAL TREASURES OF ANGRA DO HEROISMO
In a nutshell A half-day coach excursion to discover the island of Terceira and its gems. From history to lush nature, we explore some of the most evocative scenery on the island and much more. Angra do Heroísmo welcomes us to its historic city centre, a World Heritage Site that opens its doors to a charming Garden and Cathedral. On the way back, we cannot but remain enchanted by the timeless charm of the villages of Ribeirinha and São Sebastião.
Good to know
- Serra do Cume viewpoint
- Caldeira de Guilherme Moniz, the vastest crater on the island
- Monte Brasil
- Angra do Heroísmo and its historical city centre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Jardim Duque da Terceira and its countless plants
- Beautiful Sé Catedral de Angra
- Villages of Ribeirinha and São Sebastião with their enchanted streets
- Our excursion to discover the city of Angra do Heroísmo starts even before we reach the capital of the Terceira island thanks to a stop at the evocative viewpoint ofSerra do Cume where we can enjoy breathtaking views over the bay and the entire island.
- After driving through the most enormous crater present in the archipelago, Caldeira de Guilherme Moniz with its large maquis of wild heather, we head towards the island’s capital.
- First of all, we start with Monte Brasil, the lush natural reserve and city park in the area of an extinct volcano. A short stop enables us to take some photos and capture some extraordinary snaps of the city and the ocean.
- We continue exploring as we venture among the architectural gems of the city centre, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and remain speechless in front of the many plant varieties found in Jardim Duque da Terceira.
- We continue with the Gothic cathedral, the Azores’ Mother Church dating back to the 16th century - Sé Catedral de Angra features many treasures waiting to be discovered.
- On the way back to the ship, we are charmed by Ribeirinha and São Sebastião, two enchanting picturesque villages where time seems to have stood still.
Good to know
- Visibility from the viewpoints is subject to weather conditions.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for the weather.
- All visits to Angra do Heroísmo are outside.
- This excursion includes an English speaking guide and rep.
- Guests must be able to walk for approximately 1.3 km on asphalted and cobbled terrain with slopes and steps.