EVENING ROMANTIC VENICE BY GONDOLA
Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell
Good to know
The charm of hidden Venice, visible only from the traditional Venetian gondolas.
- Riva degli Schiavoni
- Doge's Palace and Piazzetta San Marco
- Gondola ride
- St. Mark's Square, Basilica,Procuratie Vecchie and Procuratie Nuove, Correr Museum, Clock Tower and Caffè Florian
- We leave the port on board a private boat and head for Riva degli Schiavoni. From here, our local escort leads us on a brief walk to St. Mark's Square.
- Having admired the famous Doge's Palace to our right, we enter Piazzetta San Marco with its granite columns, known by Venetians as 'del Todaro' after Saint Theodore, the patron saint of Venice before the relics of Saint Mark were brought to the city.
- Arriving at the gondola station, we board one of these traditional boats with their unique shape and begin a journey of approximately 35 minutes to discover some of the most important canals of the lagoon's historic centre.
- This gondola ride allows us to see some of the hidden parts of Venice visible only from the canals, taking us on a journey from the present to the past, observing sights steeped in history and the everyday activities of modern Venetian life.
- At the end of the gondola ride we have some free time to further explore and photograph St. Mark's Square and its famous sites: the magnificent five-domed Basilica built to house the body of the Evangelist, the majestic porticoes of the Procuratie Vecchie and Procuratie Nuove and the Correr Museum, the Clock Tower with the two Moors striking the hours and the more earthly Caffè Florian.
- On the return journey we head for the Cornoldi area where we board the boat to return to the port.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. So please reserve early.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- As this excursion is conducted mainly on foot, you are advised to wear comfortable shoes.
- Each gondola can take a maximum of 6 people. We cannot garantee the same places on the same gondola for families.