MURANO AND BURANO, GLASS AND LACE
Panorama, PasseparTour, Shopping, 5
Handicraft as a traditional art form. The two islands of Murano and Burano provide an opportunity to watch master glass blowers and lace makers at work, in the heart of the Venice lagoon. These ancient crafts are both still valued today.
- Murano: world-renowned glass blowing tradition
- Burano: 15th century lace
- St. Mark's Square, the only square in Venice
- A boat trip will take you to the two most famous islands in the lagoon: Murano and Burano.
- In Murano, famous for its ancient glass production, you will see for yourself a typical glass factory and the craftsmanship of a master glassmaker at work. This person is the most important member of the team because they coordinate the work and production of all the craftsmen and women. Discover the names of their tasks. They include: the “servente”, the “garzone” and the “forcellante”.
- The boat will then head for the island of Burano, famous for its handmade lace making. Every stitch has a name, for example the “Venice stitch” is so-called because it is reminiscent of the city's bridges. And what is an “air stitch” like? Find out on this tour.
Good to know
- The excursion is available both for guests in transit and for guests with a flight, train journey or transfer departing from Venice after 5.25 p.m.
- The excursion program does not include any further transfer at the end of the excursion from the Cruise Terminal, neither to the railway station nor to any other destination.
- Costa Cruises offers all tour guests a left luggage service inside the Cruise Terminal, where luggage can be delivered and collected until 5.00 p.m.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.