HELICOPTER TOUR OF GEIRANGERFJORD
In a nutshell An extraordinary helicopter experience discovering the natural wonders and beautiful landscape of Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, from a unique perspective up above. We will see its picture-postcard scenery: majestic snow-capped mountains, rugged cliffs, cascading waterfalls, and small colourful farms nestled in the lush vegetation. An unmissable tour for nature lovers and more!
Good to know
- Helicopter flight over Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Breathtaking views of the surrounding snow-capped mountains
- Mount Dalsnibba, rugged cliffs, waterfalls, farms, glaciers
- We will take to the skies for this excursion on a helicopter ride and soar over one of the most famous and spectacular fjords in Norway: Geirangerfjord, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2005.
- We will cover the full length of the fjord, around 15 km, starting at sea level and rising to the summit of the surrounding snow-capped mountains: we will be amazed by the breathtaking views and steep, rugged cliffs with powerful waterfalls (such as the 'Seven Sisters' or 'Bridal Veil Falls'), which create light veils of mist that produce an endless display of ever-changing rainbows, which will leave us lost for words.
- We will fly to Mount Dalsnibba, 1500 metres high, which towers over the tourist town of Geiranger, located at the end of the fjord. We will be able to see small farms from up here, nestled in the foothills of the mountains, and higher up glaciers with ice caves and small icy waterfalls.
- As we fly back along the fjord to return to base, we will notice the lush vegetation beneath us, a fundamental part of this wild and exciting natural landscape.
Good to know
- The flight lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- The flight, landing and routes may be subject to change depending on weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.
- The flight times are indicative and include landing.