PALERMO IN ALL ITS GLORY
Panorama, PasseparTour, Adagio Tour
Comfortably seated on a bus, discover the Shrine of Santa Rosalia, on Mount Pellegrino, Mondello Beach, and the main monuments of Palermo. With no rush and in the greatest comfort: you just think about having fun and taking photos, we'll take care of the rest.
- Mount Pellegrino
- Favorita Park
- Old town: Palermo Cathedral, Piazza dell'Indipendenza, Foro Italico seafront promenade, Porta Felice
- Your trip starts on Monte Pellegrino, at the Shrine of Santa Rosalia: the Santuzza, as she is affectionately known by the people of Palermo. Accessible rest rooms are available in the square.
- Take some souvenir photos of the headland that Goethe described as “the most beautiful in the world”: on one side is the bay of Mondello and Femmine island, on the other the Gulf of Palermo as far as Bagheria and Cefalù.
- We continue to Mondello beach, a favorite among Palermitans, and then return to the city through the Favorita Park, with its palm trees, holm oaks and Mediterranean pines.
- Another photo stop awaits at Piazza Verdi, where you'll visit the Massimo Theater, equipped with entrance ramps, accessible rest rooms and elevators.
- If you're looking for a full immersion into the art and history of Palermo, the Cathedral awaits you. Don't miss the solar meridian with the signs of the zodiac along the central nave!
- To finish in style, you'll go from Piazza Indipendenza, passing in front of the Palazzo Reale, to the Foro Italico seafront promenade, with its historic buildings, the park and Porta Felice.
Good to know
Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
The “No Barriers Tour” is a collaboration between the Costa Cruises Foundation and the Italian Multiple Sclerosis Association (AISM) to offer “slower” excursions with fewer obstructions. The “No Barriers Tour” on this excursion is available exclusively on Costa Smeralda and Costa Firenze.
If you are a wheelchair user, the “No Barriers Tour” must be booked through your cruise contact.
This excursion is suitable if you have slight mobility impairments and can walk short distances unassisted. If you are a wheelchair user, the presence of a companion not provided by the ship is required. Most of our operators require the wheelchair to be foldable. However, in some ports there may not be adequate space to accommodate wheelchairs on the bus.Please, therefore, inform the on-board excursions office manager immediately after boarding to immediately reserve your seat on the bus before the tour begins.