GEORGETOWN FROM THE RAINBOW SKYWALK
In a nutshell A thrilling experience to admire amazing Georgetown and its surroundings from a unique perspective: the top of the almost 250 metre high Komtar Tower. From the Rainbow Skywalk glass walkway, the capital of Penang appears below us in all its glory as we sip a cocktail. An experience not to be missed!
Good to know
- Komtar Tower: Rainbow Skywalk and observatory
- 360° panoramic view over Georgetown from a height of almost 250 metres
- One round of welcome drink
- We leave the port behind us on an air-conditioned coach headed to Komtar Tower, the tallest skyscraper in Penang (almost 250 metres) and the sixth tallest building in Malaysia, to admire Georgetown and its surroundings from a unique perspective.
- Once there, we take the lift to the top on the 68th floor, where we find the Rainbow Skywalk, a horseshoe-shaped cantilever bridge with a glass walkway offering amazing 360° panoramic views over the capital from a height of 250 metres. Here, we are offered a welcome drink.
- We then take the lift down to the 65th floor and the Observatory Deck, another glass walkway from where we can admire magnificent Georgetown and its surroundings.
- At the top of Komtar Tower we can enjoy a cocktail while we feel as if we are on the top of the world.
- We take the lift down to the ground floor and get the coach to a shopping mall on 1st Avenue, where we have some time available for a spot of shopping in the various boutiques selling famous international brands or eat something in the many restaurants and cafés before returning to the ship.
Good to know
- Footwear must be removed before accessing the Rainbow Skywalk and observatory.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions, the Rainbow skywalk may not be possible.