SYMBOLS OF LA CORUÑA AND MEGA MUSEUM
In a nutshell An excursion to get to know the symbols of the Galician capital from the legendary mystical Tower of Hercules to incredible views of the ocean and the city from Monte de San Pedro ending with a visit to the Estrella Galicia beer museum and a pleasant tasting session.
Good to know
- Tower of Hercules
- Breathtaking views from Monte de San Pedro
- MEGA museum dedicated to Estrella Galicia beer
- Tasting session of the famous Galician beer
- We leave the port and head off to the Tower of Hercules, the oldest lighthouse in the world that still performs its original function perfectly. The legend says that it was built by Hercules but, in reality, it was attributed to a Portuguese architect dating back to the first century AD. We take a few photos before getting back on our coach.
- We make our way to the foothills of Monte de San Pedro, an incredible observation point to enjoy breathtaking views of the city and take some other pictures of the lighthouse from a new perspective. We also take the opportunity to observe the octopus sculpture dedicated to the animal symbol of Galicia.
- The last stop on our tour is MEGA, the museum dedicated to Estrella Galicia beer. We discover the secrets of how this beer which is exported all over the world is produced and also observe a few “historical testimonies” such as the old bottles and former advertising campaigns.
- We end our visit with a pleasant tasting session before returning to the port.
Good to know
- Minimum age for the tasting session: 18 years old.