ABU DHABI PALACES BETWEEN HISTORY AND MODERNITY
Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly, Certified guide
In a nutshell An unforgettable tour in one of the richest countries in the world - Abu Dhabi. The extreme luxury of the modern tourist attractions and the iconic skyline are combined with precious historic testimonies displayed inside ancient “one thousand and one nights” palaces symbol of a century-old culture that has left its mark all over the East and the world.
Good to know
- Drive along the enchanting Corniche, Abu Dhabi’s enchanting promenade
- Visit to palace Qasr Al Hosn, home to a permanent exhibition on the history of the country
- Stop for photos at the Abu Dhabi marina and at the luxurious Emirates Palace
- Visit to Qasr Al Watan, between luxury and cultural heritage
- We set off from the port on our coach and drive along the enchanting Corniche, stretching eight kilometres along the city's seafront. This is where the trendiest boutiques and bars are located as well as the best of the seaside life and the most evocative views of the city.
- We reach the first stop on our excursion: palace Qasr Al Hosn, one of the city's symbols as well as one of the oldest palaces in the region. We remain astonished by its candid walls obtained during the restoration work occurred between 1976 and 1983. Originally, in fact, the walls of this palace dating back to the 18th century where coral and embellished with lime, sand and shell decorations, while mangroves were used for the floor and roof. We can only imagine what this palace must have looked like when it used to be the residence of the sheik towards the end of the 18th century. We enter to visit the permanent exhibition that illustrates the history of the country through interesting audio and photo testimonies.
- After the visit, we get back to the coach and, after a short transfer, stop to take a few photos of the Abu Dhabi skyline from the tourist port and of the luxurious Emirates Palace, a 7-star hotel featuring many palm trees and fountains and providing all kinds of exclusive service to its lucky guests.
- We return to our coach to move on to the last stop on our tour, palace Qasr Al Watan, also known as the Presidential Palace and reserved for state visits up to March 2019. This majestic palace is home to precious testimonies of the country’s history and it is the perfect starting point to learn about the culture of the Arab Emirates. Inside, there are restaurants, boutiques and exhibition halls as well as an enormous library home to ancient manuscripts and books that demonstrate the influence the Arab culture has had on science and art on a global level.
- After visiting this majestic palace, we return to the coach that takes us back to the port.
Good to know
- All visitors arriving at Qasr Al Watan will be subject to a personal check before entering the premises. All scholarships will be subject to X-RAY screening before being authorized on the premises.