RIB EXCURSION AMONG THE LOFOTEN ISLANDS
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell High mountains, black cliffs, turquoise waters, red houses dotted along the coast and eagles darting across the sky: the Lofoten islands are all this and more! An enchanted place where we can daydream, even more evocative if observed from the indomitable waters of the Norwegian Sea.
Good to know
- RIB tour to discover the Lofoten islands
- The natural marvels of Buksnesfjord
- Busy fishing activities in Mortsund
- Breathtaking scenery and wild animals around Ure
- Ballstad coast and its enchanting colours
- There is no better way to visit the Lofoten islands than from the sea and this is why we choose to learn more about their history, culture and natural marvels on an inflatable raft accompanied by an expert crew. Unspoilt nature and picturesque fishing villages are the perfect backdrop for an excursion to discover an enchanting place on the Arctic Circle famous for both the Northern Lights and the Midnight Sun.
- We set off from Buksnesfjord, filled with unexpected gems just like a treasure chest, and head to Mortsund, an idyllic fishing village where we have the chance to observe the activities of one of the main fish processing facilities at first hand.
- We continue internally along the coast to another fishing village, Ure, surrounded by enchanting scenery where it is easy to spot majestic specimens of golden eagle that come to these peaceful locations to nest just like other bird colonies. There is such a tremendous variety of wild animals on this archipelago that visitors have been fascinated by it for centuries.
- We then head to Ballstad, one of the main fishing stations on the Lofoten islands which also features a cod liver oil production facility as well as other fish processing centres. But Ballstad does not only mean fishing: many tourists choose this destination in summer to relax while fishing, trekking or on boat trips, maybe staying in one of the typical rorbuers, the typical red houses where fishermen used to live. In addition to its restaurants and cafés, Ballstad also boasts an art gallery and the largest mural in Northern Europe which was painted on the wall of a shipyard by American artist Scott Thoe, who has been living on the archipelago for many years.
- We finish our excursion along the evocative black cliffs which drop into the turquoise waters along this stretch of the Norwegian Sea.
Good to know
- For safety reasons, you will be given relevant safety instructions and a few basic yachting guidelines before setting off.
- All participants must wear flotation suits, comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Minimum age: 10 years.
- Pregnant women or guests with heart or back problems are not allowed on this excursion.?