HOLLAND SEEN THROUGH A VIRTUAL FLIGHT AND CANAL CRUISE
Sightseen, Designed for families, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly
In a nutshell An unprecedented experience of a virtual flight designed for guests who do not have much time available to admire all the marvels the Netherlands have to offer but who do not want to miss out on the major sights. We end the excursion with a pleasant cruise along Amsterdam’s canals to take in the charm of this “Venice of the North”.
Good to know
- Amsterdam-Noord district
- “This is Holland'
- Virtual flight across the Netherlands
- Canal cruise
- We will leave our ship and get on a ferry crossing the North Sea Canal, constructed during the second half of the 19th century and 21 km long.
- Our destination is the incredible “This is Holland” attraction, thanks to which we can admire a bird’s eye view of the most beautiful places in Holland.
- A futuristic experience awaits us: we enjoy the magic of a simulated flight over the enchanting Dutch scenery, which is realistically projected below our feet.
- We take seat on a series of mobile seats hooked to steel arms moving inside a dome that vary their height and inclination according to the projection.
- We see all the UNESCO World Heritage Sites and get the chance to admire the beautiful landscape as well as the great engineering works thanks to which the Dutch manage to keep the ocean at bay.
- Suspended in the air with hands and feet dangling freely, we go on a thrilling 8-minute flight to explore Kinderdijk's windmills, Amsterdam’s canals, fields in bloom, Rotterdam’s port, the Deltawerken, i.e. the lock and dam system that protects the country from the sea, as well as multiple other sights from a unique perspective.
- Our experience is made even more realistic by special effects such as wind, mist, the gurgling of the water and the scent of the tulips, making this adventure truly unique.
- After this short yet thrilling virtual adventure, we get on a private boat for a sightseeing tour along the numerous canals that make up the city and which have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The hour-long tour is perfect to admire the marvels that pass before our eyes from a privileged point of view: the characteristic tall narrow buildings flanking the canals with their unique façades, the famous houseboats moored along the banks and the many bridges of all shapes and sizes.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This excursion does not include a guide. A local escort will provide general information in English .