GENOA BY SEGWAY
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking
An original excursion requires an original means of transport. Enjoy Genoa and its attractions by sustainably windng your way through the city. No traffic or waiting in line. Just the beauty of Genoa and the fun of a segway.
- Genoa old town
- Ancient Port
- “Caruggi” della Maddalena: narrow streets
- Piazza delle Erbe and Porta Soprana
- House of Christopher Columbus
- Church of Santa Maria di Castello
- Sottoripa Porticos
- After a brief training session in the Ancient Port area, drive your segway, a kind of electric scooter, through the “caruggi”, the narrow streets of Genoa, until you reach Piazza De Ferrari, discovering hidden attractions along the way. Opposite you is the Ducal Palace, for centuries the residence of the Doge and now the center of the city's cultural life.
- Continue to Piazza delle Erbe, once a market selling spices from the East and fruit and vegetables produced by the “besagnin”, the local market gardeners, so-called because they came from the Bisagno river valley. Here is an interesting fact: in the middle of the square there is a marble statue of a cherub which is probably the only monument in Genoa never to have been moved from the place where it was originally installed.
- Pass through Porta Soprana on your electric “chariot” which by now you'll have mastered to perfection, and within minutes you'll pass the home of the explorer Christopher Columbus then, as you thread your way through the alleys, you'll come to the oldest church in the city, Santa Maria di Castello.
- Last stop is the Sottoripa porticos, with their characteristic fry shops and multiethnic stores. It feels almost like an Arab souk.
Good to know
- Minimum age: 16 years.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.