A JOURNEY INTO THE SEDUCING FLAVOURS OF INDIA
Gourmet Tours, Tasting
Our taste buds will be tickled thanks to the delicious delicacies from the Indian culinary tradition in their street food version typical of Mumbai. From crowded beach stalls to a real restaurant, a true journey of the senses into the flavours of India awaits us among aromatic spices, sizzling pans and irresistible smells.
What we will see
- Girgaum Chowpatty beach
- Indian street food vendors
- Vegetarian lunch in a local restaurant
- Chaat: crunchy snacks with dips and vegetables
- Pav bhaji: spicy vegetable curry
- Vegetarian kebabs
What we will do
- The first stop on our excursion is the famous Girgaum Chowpatty beach, a large stretch of sand popular with the locals.
- This is where our journey into Indian cuisine starts: the beach is in fact dotted with a myriad of stalls selling street food. Street food has a long tradition in India and in Mumbai in particular: people from all social classes enjoy a snack on the go basically at all times of day.
- As we wander among the stalls, we are surrounded by the inviting aroma of classic dishes among spices, inviting dips and the sizzling of pans, pots and grills cooking non-stop.
- We reach a local restaurant for lunch, where our exploration of the local cuisine continues comfortably seated at the table.
- We prepare our taste buds for a delicious lunch with vegetarian dishes in the best Indian culinary tradition.
- We try some chaats, snacks with a crunchy base (puffed rice or fried bread) served with an infinite combination of dips and vegetables, pav bhajis, a spicy vegetable curry served with a soft roll, and delicious vegetarian kebabs: one delicacy after the next!