AT FULL SPEED ON A MOTORBOAT FROM CORK TO KINSALE
A nippy motorboat speeding along the spectacular Irish coast offering breathtaking views of imposing fortresses, cliffs and fishing towns: this excursion is filled with endless emotions, including free time around the charming fishing town of Kinsale, famous for being Ireland’s food capital.
- Motorboat tour along the coast
- Views over Camden Fort Maeagher, Carlise Fort, Roches Point lighthouse
- Possible spotting of seals and dolphins
- Stop for photos at Charles Fort
- Free time to explore the city centre
- We get into a nippy motorboat to enjoy a panoramic ride around the second largest natural port in the world.
- As we speed over the waves with the sea breeze blowing through our hair, we admire the imposing outline of Camden Fort Meagher, a classic example of a coastal artillery fort, the Carlisle fort, perched on the opposite side of the strait and the Roches Point lighthouse, all dating back to the late 19th century.
- We continue our journey and enjoy spectacular views of the rugged coast - with a bit of luck, we might even spot dolphins and seals swimming nearby!
- We then reach the historic town of Kinsale nestling among hills and valleys and protected by the curve of a small bay.
- We stop for photos in front of Charles Fort to capture its imposing star-shaped outline with two huge bastions facing the estuary.
- We have a free hour to explore the town at our own leisure and maybe savour one of the delicacies served in the lovely cafés or picturesque restaurants.
- We make our way back to the motorboat and head to the cruise terminal and enjoy a detour (weather permitting) to admire Crosshaven, one of the main tourist ports in Ireland as well as the seat of the oldest yacht club in the world.
Good to know
- In the event of bad weather, the tour may be cancelled at short notice or the visit to Kinsale could be replaced with a visit to Cork.
- During the tour, the skipper will provide information in English only.