AT FULL SPEED ON A MOTORBOAT FROM CORK TO KINSALE
A nippy motorboat speeding along the spectacular Irish coast offering breathtaking views of imposing fortresses, cliffs and fishing towns: this excursion is filled with endless emotions, including free time around the charming fishing town of Kinsale, famous for being Ireland’s food capital.
What we will see
- Motorboat tour along the coast
- Views over Camden Fort Maeagher, Carlise Fort, Roches Point lighthouse
- Possible spotting of seals and dolphins
- Stop for photos at Charles Fort
- Free time to explore the city centre
What we will do
- We get into a nippy motorboat to enjoy a panoramic ride around the second largest natural port in the world.
- As we speed over the waves with the sea breeze blowing through our hair, we admire the imposing outline of Camden Fort Meagher, a classic example of a coastal artillery fort, the Carlisle fort, perched on the opposite side of the strait and the Roches Point lighthouse, all dating back to the late 19th century.
- We continue our journey and enjoy spectacular views of the rugged coast - with a bit of luck, we might even spot dolphins and seals swimming nearby!
- We then reach the historic town of Kinsale nestling among hills and valleys and protected by the curve of a small bay.
- We stop for photos in front of Charles Fort to capture its imposing star-shaped outline with two huge bastions facing the estuary.
- We have a free hour to explore the town at our own leisure and maybe savour one of the delicacies served in the lovely cafés or picturesque restaurants.
- We make our way back to the motorboat and head to the cruise terminal and enjoy a detour (weather permitting) to admire Crosshaven, one of the main tourist ports in Ireland as well as the seat of the oldest yacht club in the world.
What you need to know
- In the event of bad weather, the tour may be cancelled at short notice or the visit to Kinsale could be replaced with a visit to Cork.
- During the tour, the skipper will provide information in English only.